Ph.D. (Economics), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Research interests include issues related to industry, labour and employment.
He is associated with various research studies sponsored by the South Asia Network of Economic Research Institutes (SANEI), ILO-SRO New Delhi, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), National Commission on Enterprises in the Unorganized Sector (NCEUS), Massey University-New Zealand, Stockholm School of Economics - National Institute of Working Life, Sweden, Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), V.V. Giri National Labour Institute (V V G NLI) and so on..
- Employment Situation in North Eastern Region of India: Recent Trends and Emerging Challenges, NLI Research Studies Series, 096/2012.
- Growth and Structure of Employment: Long-Term and Post-Reform Performance and the Emerging Challenge, (Jointly with T.S. Papola) ISID Occasional Paper Series 2012/01.
- Linkages between Small and Large Industry: Implications of Subcontracting for Small Enterprises, (Jointly with J. Pais) ISID Occasional Paper Series 2011/03.
- Employment Challenges in North-eastern States of India: Role and Potential of the Unorganized Manufacturing Sector, a Research Report Submitted to the V V Giri National Labour Institute, NOIDA, 2011.
- “Subcontracting in India’s Micro and Small Manufacturing Enterprises: An Exploratory Analysis”, in K. Das (Ed.) Emerging Issues in Micro and Small Enterprises in India: Era of Reforms, Routledge Publication, Pp. 185–207, 2011.
- The Employment Implications of Current Financial Crisis: Challenges, Threats and Coping Strategies in India, (Draft report appears as) SANEI Working Paper Series No. 2011-03, South Asia Network of Economic Research Institutes (SANEI), Dhaka, Bangladesh, March 2011.
- “Is there an Earning Penalty for the Self-employed Worker? Evidence from India”, in Valentina Cuzzocrea and Jenifer Laws (Eds.), Value of Work: Updates on Old Issues, Inter-Disciplinary Press, Oxford, UK. E-book, Pp. 113–120, 2011.
- “Remuneration Differences in the Emerging Economies of China and India”, International Journal of Psychology, Vol. 45, No. 5, Pp. 360–370, July 2010 (Co-author).
- “Subcontracting in India’s Unorganised Manufacturing Sector: A Mode of Adoption or Exploitation?” Journal of South Asian Development, Vol. 5, No. 1, Pp. 53–83, April 2010.
Some of his earlier research works appeared in the referred international and national journals, i.e. International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health, Economic and Political Weekly, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, SARVEKSHANA, Agricultural Situation in India. His Ph.D. thesis is titled “Technological Constraints of Small Scale Industry in India: A Study of Rural-Urban Contrasts”.